PAL (Physical Activity Leader) Training
A professional development resource within Let’s Move! Active Schools, the Physical Activity Leader (PAL) Learning System is a dynamic, action-focused 12-month program designed to develop and support school champions in their efforts to ensure 60 minutes a day of physical activity for all school-aged youth. This one-day training kicks off the learning system, ultimately resulting in skilled individuals who will jump start success in their respective school settings.
After completing the PAL Learning System and the One-Day In-Person Training, you’ll be able to:
· Establish support for implementing a Physical Activity initiative (60-A-Day) in your local school district/site.
· Implement a Comprehensive School Physical Activity Program (CSPAP) tailored to site-specific needs.
· Demonstrate the effectiveness of the five CSPAP components.
· Serve as a local champion for ensuring 60 minutes of physical activity a day is the new norm in schools.
· Use data to clearly communicate and make the case for a Comprehensive School Physical Activity Program (CSPAP).